I have to set this project aside for a couple days, and I just had to work on this one section a bit. It's not done, and this scene is not the finished look- I'm animating now- but it's getting more and more fun to do. I have a spaceship to detail now...
I've been working on lots of projects at the same time, and I have to say that this one is my favorite. It's an original project of mine that is being sponsored by a VR company. I had to come up with the story and characters. I drew some designs of the characters and plants and other items in the scene.
This rendering represents the early stages of the creation and design of the scene. I'm modeling in Maya and Lightwave and rendering in Lightwave. Textures created in Photoshop and ZBrush.
I created a new ship for my website. It's an original design, but it's clearly influenced by things that are out there already. I want to texture this model using Substance Painter as well as textures created in Photoshop and NDO. In addition to image renders of the ship, I want to show this model using Marmoset Viewer so it can be interactive, allowing 3D manipulation. I will be posting these things as this project progresses. Ideally I would like to animate it in Unity or Unreal. Here is a quicktime render:
Original workRead More
I wanted to reboot the Up All Night animation that I've been "working" on for so long. Through the years I had various scenarios created in 3D. They ranged from wireframe test shots to fully rendered 3D stills and animations of vehicles and objects. The ideas were developing:
It all started with the main character. Actual work on him started in early 2011. Originally, I played it safe and made him simplistic and not very appealing. It wasn't my intention to make him boring, but it was the path of least resistance. Finally in March of this year, I took him to a higher level of completion and tried pushing his cartoony style further. He more closely matches the original sketch.
It actually happened by accident. I rigged the character up so I could pose him, and midway through that process, I decided to lower his eyes a little. But when I disconnected his eyes from the rig, they popped out and dropped near his upper lip! I wish I had a screen capture of it. I realized that I needed to change him to improve him. So I lowered his eyes. Funny how things happen.